By the light of nature we see God as a God above us, by the light of the law we see Him as a God against us, but by the light of the gospel we see Him as Emmanuel, God with us.
- Matthew Henry
- Volunteers are needed to assemble Horn of Plenty packages tonight. Due to the weather a large group has cancelled plans to come. If you can help, please come to the H.O.P. center, 3500 East Burdick Expressway, starting at 5:30 pm. (former Wholesale Foods - big gold building on south side of the street) The more volunteers that come, the quicker the work will go. Thank you!
- The Minot Daily News delivery will be delayed Thursday morning.
- First Lutheran Church of Minot: all activites cancelled
- No CCD classes tonight at Bishop Ryan school for the Little Flower & St Leo's students
- First Assembly of God in Minot is cancelling tonight's performance of the Singing Christmas Tree
- First Baptist of Minot: all activites cancelled
- Grace Lutheran Church in Bottineau: no activities
- Immanuel Baptist of Minot: soup kitchen cancelled
- St Mark's Lutheran of Minot: worship service & activities cancelled
- Parkinson's Support Group is postponed to Wed. Dec 14th 2:30 pm at Brentmoor
- Highway 52 is closed between Velva and Jamestown
- No Travel Advised due to blowing snow reducing visibility in Barnes, Burke, Kidder, Pierce & Renville Co.
- City of Minot has declared a Snow Emergency. All vehicles need to be removed from streets for snow removal
- the City of Surrey has declared a Snow Emergency. All vehicles need to be removed from streets for snow removal
I was born in California, in Newport Beach. I grew up in the SF Bay area, in Northern California. One big year in my life was my senior year of High School. I spent that year in Minden, Germany as an exchange student. (Class of '85).
I’ve been in radio since 1988, with many stations including KSOL (where I was Doug EE Fresh the traffic rapper), 6 years as "Jungle Doug" on KRTY/Country in San Jose, and 3 years on the syndicated "Doug & Connie / Doug & Karla" morning show. I also worked with our Christian music channels on XM Satellite Radio.
We love to read all the emails we receive, but there are times when people forward emails that are a hoax. Here are some helpful web sites to visit so that you don’t pass on emails that are not truthful:
And there is no petition to remove Christian Radio - http://www.fcc.gov/mb/enf/forms/rm-2493.html
My favorite holiday movie is "Young Frankenstein”. (Honestly!) That’s what my mom and I used to watch each Christmas. "What hump?”
I actually met my wife Sheryl through KRTY (although she'll tell you that she was not a "groupie"). She just wanted to see the "face behind the voice”... and after she got the scary part over – we got married. (There is really a lot more to it but we’ll share that for the next marriage retreat.) Sheryl is truly the back bone of the family – because she does so much behind the scenes - I can try to go to bed each night at 8. (That 3am wake up call comes much too early). My wife is also sharing her story in her book "A Scarlet Cord of Hope – My Journey through Guilt, Shame and Fear to Hope”. Her website is www.SherylGriffin.com
My oldest daughter - Lauren is married to a great Godly man – Stephen, and my son –Garic "Baby Man” Griffin is the only non-Californian in the family – He was born in Franklin TN in 1998.
My favorite verse is Phil. 4:6-7 which in the "Message” reads "Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.”