To be grateful is to recognize the love of God in everything He has given us -- and He has given us everything. Every breath we draw is a gift of His love, every moment of existence is a grace, for it brings with it immense graces from Him.
- Thomas Merton
WANTED: Gregarious, dynamic and charismatic leader; excellent teaching and speaking skills required; must be empathetic and a good listener; proficient in conflict resolution, capable of juggling numerous priorities and managing unrealistic expectations. Must be available seven days per week, 24 hours per day. Compensation is not commensurate with experience.
- 84 percent say they're on call 24 hours a day.
- 80 percent expect conflict in their church.
- 54 percent find the role of pastor frequently overwhelming.
- 53 percent are often concerned about their family's financial security.
- 48 percent often feel the demands of ministry are more than they can handle.
- 21 percent say their church has unrealistic expectations of them.